When You're Home

>> Friday, January 7, 2011

It has officially been 5 days since I've arrived back in the 847 and it's been a good time so far. Getting back home was no easy "thang" though. On Sunday, I posted about how we were boarding the plane and I was going home and how nice and blah, blah, blah. We boarded the plane on time and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the Frontier Airline Jet was. There were 2 seats on each side, so my brother and I got to sit together, which could have been a formula for disaster but that ended up being the least of our worries. After boarding we were informed there was a slight issue in the cockpit and that we'd be in the air as soon as it was fixed. Pretty normal, a slight delay never caused anyone much harm. Now, 45 minutes later, people were growing restless, not me of course (that's because I was sleeping.) I was then rudely awakened to find that everyone was getting off the plane. Apparently they could not fix the issue and proceeded to tell us, essentially, we were "s**t out of luck." My father went into Bruce mode and called American and booked us a flight for the next morning since everything on Sunday was booked solid. Frontier told us to go and retrieve our luggage and then head over to the (ONE) desk, where we'd be given further information. My Dad, always the thinker, decided to split up! I went down to luggage with my Mom and Brother, and he went to the desk. 10 minutes later we received a call from upstairs, my Dad, telling us to meet him back at security because we were getting back on the plane. As thrilled as we were by the news, it was quite tedious to go through security again and have to board again and have to just get settled again. As soon as everyone had boarded it was about 3 hours past the time we were planning on taking off, but we ended up making it home just fine and ordering my favorite Northbrook pizza. Keep in mind that earlier that day we had gotten off the boat and when we arrived we had to take a car back to Northbrook from Milwaukee. That's what I call a day of traveling. 
The week began and my first day officially home included a work out and Netflix. Relaxing right? The next two days I had the opportunity and the privilege to visit my old high school and sit in on some theater classes and answer some question about school...a lot of questions about school. It was nice to just be back in familiar territory, the place where I really learned everything I know about performing and all that. What's more, I was lucky enough to sit in on a dress rehearsal, and then a performance of "Spelling Bee" at my school, which many of my close friends were in. To see them on stage and to just sit in the audience and watch was easier than I thought it would be. I couldn't help but sit back and be so proud of the program that I came from. The talent was extraordinary and the students involved had some star performances. Not to mention, the directing and music in the was phenomenal. I truly believe that it was comparable to the tour of the show I saw some years ago. So that's my shout out to the cast, amazing job you guys! 
Today I decided to help my Mom out at her office, I had no idea what I was getting into. I will say, as boring and hard as it was, I had a pretty good time. I got the chance to watch my mom do what she does best! And boy is she good at it. Meanwhile, I was sorting, labeling, alphabetizing, and then rolling and packing giveaways for a party this weekend. Luckily, my cousin joined me a little later and we were able to get it all done. 
Other than that, there hasn't been much going on. I have been watching a lots of "Weeds" if that's exciting to you. Like I said, I am extremely happy to be home and spending time with friends and family but I am more than excited to get back to Boston and back to work. I am even more excited for what happens after this semester. When I return home I am going to be hard at work with an old friend of mine on a secret project that I'll inform you about later on in the spring, and then, for the 10th time, I'll be heading up to Woodruff, Wisconsin to hang out and spend the summer with some amazing friends of mine who range in age from 9 to...older. I sent my contract in yesterday and I have a feeling this could be one of the best summers ever. 
For now, I'm off to dinner with a friend and then who knows what the next few hold in store. Being at home is like a giant improv game, I'm totally making it up as I go along. 

-Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP